Welcome! This blog site is dedicated to your summer printmaking course, "A Sense of Place." Here you will find the syllabus, online printmaking resources, links, and documentation throughout the course.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

ricks six sense







Here is a triptych of my sixth sense. I wanted to produce something with a sense of emotion and thought. Bringing the idea of conceptualism and insight into the realm of visual culture is one of my goals in my artwork. I feel the idea of the print came through, and I have utilized color to represent this dream state, or improvisational state of mind. I tried to convey the sixth sense by someone trying to tap into the astral plain or spirit world. Bringing something into the realm of reality out of thin air, and I feel the almost watercolor/stain glass treatment of the colors brings the sixth sense to the foreground. With light playing a vital role in the piece I feel it brings thought into the mix. The piece relies heavily on the use of color and the textures that create lines and movement throughout the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment