Welcome! This blog site is dedicated to your summer printmaking course, "A Sense of Place." Here you will find the syllabus, online printmaking resources, links, and documentation throughout the course.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

It Came to Me in a Dream



The Tibetan Bowls have a hold on me and they won't let go! I dreamt this last night: There was the bluest water with coppery bowls floating on top of it and a beautiful sound that reached the sky in bright yellow circular motions. The entire image was framed by black arches. I scribbled into a notebook as soon as I woke up so that I wouldn't forget about it before I had the chance to create it on paper. I used pastiboard, corrugated cardboard, masking tape, whinzy white paper (from my fav art supply store in St. Pete),BKF Reeves paper, water soluble block-printing ink, Gamblin black relief ink. I felt the first image didn't have enough black ink, so on the second image I didn't wipe away as much of the ink. The result was too much black ink. The final print is really just a ghost from the second image, but I like it the best. I've learned that
it's really hard to get the image you want without the use of a press and that it's also easier to work as a team. I'm saving the plate. If I ever get the opportunity to use a press I will pull this print again and hopefully get closer to the desired effect I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment