Welcome! This blog site is dedicated to your summer printmaking course, "A Sense of Place." Here you will find the syllabus, online printmaking resources, links, and documentation throughout the course.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

ricks sense of sight


I wanted to use the improvisational tactics in "the creative habit" while creating this piece. I used the basis of our outside trip in the foundation of this drawing, but when I created It, I let intuition take over. The Mylar was doing some incredible stuff, and producing these illustrious lines that were biological in a sense and almost life-like. I feel this print represents the sense of sight, and almost looks like you are seeing this under a microscope. Its has several key elements of the principles of design, and has great contrast and movement, as well as line quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment