Welcome! This blog site is dedicated to your summer printmaking course, "A Sense of Place." Here you will find the syllabus, online printmaking resources, links, and documentation throughout the course.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ricks sense of sound






















I have several variations of this print. After playing the tibetian bowls I was inspired to represent sound and the movement that comes from and is produced by sound. The moving of the wind and space is something extraordinary, and capturing it is something I have wanted to do for some time now. Balancing the visual elements and the theoretical elements in the piece is key to making a successful piece of art. I feel I have a good balance, and the composition and visual elements make the piece successful. Color, composition, line quality and movement all play vital roles in my "sense of sound" piece.

2 comments:

  1. Your work is very strong. I have been very impressed with your sense of design and color. Very Interesting work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a chance to see these works in progress. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete