Welcome! This blog site is dedicated to your summer printmaking course, "A Sense of Place." Here you will find the syllabus, online printmaking resources, links, and documentation throughout the course.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

collagraph


Today's printshop experience was phenomenal! learning how to set up, run the show and cleanup in an efficient intelligent manner was extremely useful, surely something I could see doing with my students if I had access to a press. The idea of collaboration with each other was amazing in practice. I am glad Bob made us do it because I would probably not have been too inclined to break out of my my own little world and do it if we didn't have too. The collaborative prints told me where to go with the inking of my next plate. In the end the process of pulling multiples that vary and change with each pull made for an exciting day full of surprises and teaching moments.

No comments: