Welcome! This blog site is dedicated to your summer printmaking course, "A Sense of Place." Here you will find the syllabus, online printmaking resources, links, and documentation throughout the course.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sense of Sound, Singing Bowls

Singing Bowl (Sound) Monoprint

Mike, Juliet and Laurie

Kim and Natalie

I loved this exercise. What a great way to bring everyone together and to begin a morning's work. I think this would be a great way to integrate a lesson on the arts of Tibet or to bring music into an art lesson. I'm not sure how it would go over with my high school students. It could be very interesting for a group who knew each other well enough. I might need a little more practice before doing an effective demonstration, however. What a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment