Welcome! This blog site is dedicated to your summer printmaking course, "A Sense of Place." Here you will find the syllabus, online printmaking resources, links, and documentation throughout the course.

Thursday, July 29, 2010


Bob has really helped me to open up creatively; instead of being so concerned about realistic representation or even composition, he has given me the freedom to let my art make itself. He continues to recommend the process of using the work itself as a work surface, which in turn creates marks and literally the art is forming as a result of me working on it. It is fabulous! I can't wait to get back into my classroom and foster an environment of free creation and no fear of failure. Yes, there are certainly some answers that are better than others, and this class has not been a cake walk by any means. Each work was labor intensive and full of decisions, but they were quick, from-the-gut decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment