Welcome! This blog site is dedicated to your summer printmaking course, "A Sense of Place." Here you will find the syllabus, online printmaking resources, links, and documentation throughout the course.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Fri. Taste and Smell

After Thursday's day of studio, I came home thinking how much easier cutting my last block would be. We had all week to develope the images so by today we were ready to jump in and PRINT! The class has Jelled as a working group and the work just rolled off the press. Every print was beautiful and looked so professional.

The cutting of the blocks are too much for my elementary kids, and I would really have a problem giving them a cutter, but the whole block printing process is one that I can and will use in class. The kids could design the blocks in a small group and I can cut them and bring them back into class. They would be able to print and select the right colors and combination for their finished work.

No comments:

Post a Comment