Welcome! This blog site is dedicated to your summer printmaking course, "A Sense of Place." Here you will find the syllabus, online printmaking resources, links, and documentation throughout the course.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 2: Collagraph

Let me just say that organizing the curriculum around the five senses was brilliant! I can see this concept being a unique was to organize my elementary art curriculum. I think it would be especially effective since young children are primarily sensorial learners. Educational philosophies, such as the Montessori method, focus exclusively on teaching students with sensorial lessons.

But I digress...Day 2 was filled with surprises, beginning with what was in our paper bags! I have done a similar lesson when I taught high school (learned it from MichelleT), the only difference is that one student had to describe it to another student and that student had to draw it. They loved it!

Creating a plate about the experience of touching the item in the bag was very creative and challenging. I liked using found materials and papers since my art budget is very tiny. :) I think this would be adaptable to elementary school now that Lindsay gave me some tips. Louise Nevelson could be a good artist to introduce since she used found objects in her art.

No comments:

Post a Comment