Welcome! This blog site is dedicated to your summer printmaking course, "A Sense of Place." Here you will find the syllabus, online printmaking resources, links, and documentation throughout the course.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

sixth sense; all together now







I thought I had printing ink at home but It was just apple green and gold, not what I was looking for but I used it. I used the mylar, cardboard, tape , tacky glue, yupo, newsprint, tarlaton, DW40, blue paint stick, acrylic paint; brick red and burnt umber, a large spoon and the sunday news paper.



I really liked the plate:


but the image was too green. I added the blue paint stick mixed with the DW40 and it was still too bright!

So I did a mono print on top with the red and umber. It gave it some weight and pulled the image together adding the swirl of energy I was trying to show.
I tried the spoon for rubbing but I just didnt have enough power in my hands to push down hard enough to get a good rubbing.

1 comment: